Educational and methodological center for quality assurance of education is a structural unit of the Kamianets-Podilskyi Ivan Ohiienko National University, which coordinates and controls the organization of the educational process at the University, its compliance with the standards of higher education.
The main tasks of the educational and methodological center for quality assurance of education:
- organization of educational process at the university in accordance with the laws of Ukraine “On Education”, “On Higher Education”, “On Scientific and Scientific and Technical Activities”, standards of higher education, training and working curricula for the training of specialists in licensed areas of training and specialties, other legislative and normative legal acts of Ukraine on education, normative documents of the university;
- coordination of the work of the structural units that are part of its structure, and structural subdivisions, which provide the organization of the educational process at the university;
- normative-legal support of educational activity of the university;
- monitoring of compliance with the licensing conditions in the university of providing educational services in the field of higher education and fulfillment of state requirements for accreditation;
- participation in the planning of the University work, academic council, administration, the scientific and methodological council of the university;
- participation in the preparation of meetings of the Academic Council, the administration, scientific methodical council, the conference of the scientific staff of the university;
- studying the demand for individual specialties in the labor market;
- organization of vocational guidance work;
- organization of the formation of the order, issuance, and registration of documents on higher education of the state standard and appendices to it;
- preparation of scientifically substantiated proposals for improving the organization of the educational process, its teaching and methodological support taking into account domestic and foreign experience;
- organization and participation in the control over the implementation of the decisions of the Academic Council, the administration, the scientific and methodological council of the University on educational and methodological work.
The educational department is a structural unit of the Kamianets-Podilskyi Ivan Ohiienko National University, which coordinates and controls the organization of the educational process.
The main tasks of the Educational department are:
– organization of educational process at the university in accordance with the laws of Ukraine “On Education”, “On Higher Education”, “On Scientific and Scientific and Technical Activities”, standards of educational activity and standards of higher education, training and working curricula for the training of specialists in licensed areas of training and specialties, other legislative and normative legal acts of Ukraine on education, normative documents of the university;
- organization of distribution of educational load of scientific and pedagogical workers of the university, its registration and control;
- development of educational and accounting documentation forms. Control over the correct and timely conduct of it;
- Participation in the planning of the University work, the Academic Council of the University, the administration;
- participation in the preparation of meetings of the Academic Council of the University;
- organization and participation in the control over the implementation of the decisions of the Academic Council, the University’s administration on the organization of the educational process;
- Preparation of scientifically substantiated proposals for improving the organization of the educational process, taking into account national and foreign experience.
The educational-methodical department is a structural unit of the Kamianets-Podilskyi Ivan Ohiienko National University, which is a part of the educational-methodical center for quality assurance of education, created in accordance with the Order of the University dated August 31, 2004, No. 226 “On the establishment of the educational- methodological department “.
The main purpose of the department’s activity is to assist in the organization of the educational process in accordance with the current legislation, its scientific and methodological support in the educational units of the university, the introduction of modern methods and technologies into the educational process.
The educational-methodical department works in cooperation with the administration, dean’s offices, departments, other structural units of the university and carries out functions of organization, planning and control of teaching and methodical work at the university, provides methodological assistance in the formation of educational (educational and professional) programs and curricula, is engaged in licensing and accreditation of specialties and educational programs.
The part-time study department is a structural unit of the Kamianets-Podilskyi Ivan Ohiienko National University, which coordinates and controls the organization of the educational process by the part-time form of study at the University.
The main tasks of the part-time study department are:
- Organization of the educational process part-time in accordance with the laws of Ukraine “On Education”, “On Higher Education”, standards of educational activity and standards of higher education, curriculum and work curricula for the training of specialists in licensed areas of training and specialties, other legislative and regulatory acts of Ukraine on education, normative documents of the University;
- Participation in the planning of the University work, the Academic Council of the University, the administration;
- organization, planning and coordination of educational and teaching work on the correspondence form of study;
- organization and participation in the control over the implementation of the decisions of the Academic Council, the University’s administration on the organization of the educational process by the part-time form of study;
- Preparation of scientifically substantiated proposals for improving the organization of the educational process by a part-time form of study.
Department of vocational guidance and pre-university training is a structural unit of the University, which is created accordingly to the Law of Ukraine “On Higher Education”, the main purpose of functioning is the organization and coordination of vocational guidance work, cooperation organization with general educational institutions (schools, gymnasiums, lyceums, etc.), higher educational institutions of the І-ІІ levels of accreditation for profound professional orientation of graduates of these educational institutions, organization of work of preparatory courses on preparation of citizens of Ukraine for entrance into higher education institutions and external independent evaluation.
The main tasks of the Department are:
- organization and conducting vocational guidance work;
- conducting of early professional orientation among young people with the aim to identify their abilities and talents for further study in University of the chosen specialty;
- cooperation organization with general educational establishments and higher educational institutions of the I-II levels of accreditation;
- organization of the educational process at the preparatory courses.
Office for International Cooperation of the Kamianets-Podilskyi Ivan Ohiienko National University is a structural unit of the University, which is established to coordinate international activities in the field of education and science , carried out by the University within its authority.
The main purpose of the office is to develop, organize, coordinate and implement activities in the field of international cooperation of the University for Education and Science, including the development of proposals for its expansion and strengthening, and facilitate the establishment of direct relations with foreign partners in accordance with the legislation of Ukraine .
The main tasks of the Department are:
- development, organization, coordination and implementation of activities related to the fulfillment of the obligations of the University in accordance with the concluded international agreements in the field of education and science;
- organization of academic and scientific cooperation of the University with foreign institutions of higher education, scientific institutions, international organizations, foundations, scientists, teachers and officials;
- coordination of activities related to the preparation and holding of international scientific conferences, seminars, symposiums; exchange programs for the purpose of studying, internship, teaching and raising the professional qualifications of university professors in foreign higher education institutions, parallel training of higher education students (according to the programs of “semester programs” and “double degree programs”);
- establishment of contacts with national and foreign legal persons, representatives of educational institutions of foreign states for the purpose of organization and legal support of foreigners who wish to receive higher education at the University.
The department of scientific work is the structural unit of the Kamianets-Podilskyi Ivan Ohiienko National University was created for the coordination of scientific, scientific and technical and innovational activities, organization and provision of scientific research and development as an integral part of the University’s educational activities.
The main objective of the department is to organize the scientific activity of the structural units of the University aimed at obtaining new scientific knowledge through the implementation of scientific research and development and their focus on the creation and introduction of new competitive technologies, materials, etc., to provide innovative development of the educational industry and economy. Organization of work on participation of the University in international programs in the field of science and education, coordination of international programs with the participation of the University, development of agreements, work programs and plans of the University for cooperation with higher education institutions, research centers, organizations and firms of foreign countries, diversification of forms of study, creation of conditions for the integration of the university system of education into the world of scientific and educational space.
The main tasks of the department include:
- realization at the university the state policy in the field of science, organization and implementation of scientific work, obtaining competitive scientific and applied results;
- application of new scientific, scientific and technical knowledge during the training of specialists with higher education;
- organization of the competition for grant support of scientific and scientific and technical activity at the expense of the state budget;
- coordination of scientific work at faculties, departments, research laboratories, scientific schools in separate units and control over their activities;
- development of priority scientific programs, scientific researches, pilot projects, etc.;
- participation in the development and implementation of state target programs of educational, economic and social development;
- ensuring the search for talented youth, promoting its scientific growth;
- registration of publications of the teaching staff of the University;
- conducting a rating evaluation of teachers’ scientific activity for the current year;
- drawing up reports on the established forms for submission to the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine;
- reception and organization of reviewing articles to journals of scientific works of the University.
The linguistic center of the Kamianets-Podilskyi Ivan Ohiienko National University was created with the purpose of providing additional educational, consulting, excursion services, translation services related to the use of foreign languages (English, German, Polish).
The Center is a non-budget structural unit of the Kamianets-Podilskyi Ivan Ohiienko National University which carries out its activities on the basis of self-financing in accordance with the University Statute and its Statute.
The main tasks of the Center are:
- meeting Ukrainian citizens’ (including scientific and pedagogical workers, other University employees, students) needs in an additional and deeper study of foreign languages for improvement of their general and professional level;
- formation of an environment in the University that stimulates its employees to improve
- proficiency in foreign languages;
- providing linguistic mediation between citizens of Ukraine and foreigners;
- providing consulting and expert assistance in interlanguage issues interactions;
The main activities of the Center are:
- formation of educational programs of additional and in-depth study of foreign languages, developing and conducting appropriate training courses on different levels, duration, in different organizational forms (individual, group training, etc.), conducting educational and methodical activities (lectures, practical classes, tests, etc.) to provide additional and in-depth training of foreign language students;
- Preparation for the qualification tests of knowledge of foreign languages with the purpose of further studying and/or working abroad;
- development and duplication of teaching materials for providing the additional and in-depth study of foreign languages course attendees;
- Provision of translation services to institutions, enterprises, organizations and the population of Ukraine, as well as to foreign organizations and citizens;
- conducting consultations and examinations on the profile of the Center’s activities;
- servicing foreign languages of excursion groups and individual visitors on the territory and in the premises of the University;
- implementation of other activities arising from the purpose of creation The center.
Trade committee of students, postgraduates and doctoral students of the Kamianets-Podilskyi Ivan Ohiienko National University is a voluntary association of students of the university who have declared their membership. The supreme body of the primary trade union committee is its conference.
Trade committee of students, postgraduates and doctoral students in its work is guided by the Constitution of Ukraine, the Law of Ukraine “On Trade Unions, Their Rights and Guarantees of Activity”, the legislation of Ukraine, the Articles of Association of the workers of education and science of Ukraine, Main Regulation of the department, decisions of trade union bodies.
The main tasks of the Department are:
- Independent in its work from the administration of the university, state authorities and local self-government, political parties, other public organizations, they are not accountable and not controlled;
- Relations with the administration of the university, public authorities and local self-government bodies, political parties, and other non-governmental organizations based on the principles of social partnership, autonomy, mutual understanding, observance of the norms of legislation and treaties and agreements.
- The trade union committee of the University may voluntarily enter other trade union associations and interact with them. Trade union committee of the Ivan Ohiienko K-PNU seeks unity of trade union movement at the university.
- Trade union committee of the Ivan Ohiienko K-PNU independently organizes its work, in order to represent and protect the labor, socio-economic rights and interests of the members of the trade union, determine the directions of its activity, based on the powers stipulated by the legislation of Ukraine, the statutory tasks of the union, decisions of higher subordination of trade unions organs.
- In matters of collective interests, the trade union committee of the Ivan Ohiienko K-PNU carries out the representation and protection of the interests of the students of the university irrespective of their membership in the trade union. In matters of individual rights and interests of its trade union members, the trade union committee of students carries out representation and protection in the manner prescribed by law and the trade union statute.
- The governing body of the trade union committee of the Ivan Ohiienko K‑PNU is a trade union conference. The trade union committee is headed by a chairman. The trade union committee consists of the chairman of the trade union committee, his deputies, heads of trade union offices of faculties, other persons by the decision of the trade union conference.
- The trade union committee is accountable in its activity to the conference of the primary trade union committee of the Ivan Ohiienko K-PNU and to the highest level of subordination to the trade union bodies.
The University Library is an educational, auxiliary, scientific, informational and cultural-educational structural subdivision of the University with a fund of national and foreign scientific, educational, artistic and other literature, periodicals and documents on electronic media. The library operates on the basis of the Regulations of the library approved by the rector. In its work it is guided by the Constitution of Ukraine, the Laws of Ukraine “On Education”, “On Higher Education”, “On Libraries and Library Affairs”, “On the National Program of Informatization”, normative legal acts on library matters, orders and instructions of the Ministry of Education and science of Ukraine, methodological guidelines and recommendations of the scientific methodical library commission of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, the Charter of the University, orders and orders of the Kamianets-Podilskyi Ivan Ohiienko National University.
- Ensuring full, qualitative and operational library-bibliographic and informational services for students, masters, post-graduate students and doctoral students, scientific and pedagogical staff, university staff, and other categories of users according to their information requests.
- Formation of the library fund in accordance with the profile of the university and information needs of users, including atthe expense of the permanent campaign”Give the library a book!”.
- Promotion of the upbringing of a harmonious, morally perfect personality, conscious of its civic duty, open to the intellectual, spiritual and creative development, disclosure through the book of the content of universal values, national and world-historical, scientific and cultural heritage.
- Organization of scientific and bibliographic work. Formation and maintenance of reference and bibliographic apparatus. Improvement of forms and methods of scientific bibliographic work, the compilation of scientific support and reference and bibliographic aids. Reference books, basic card files, printed and edited card files, description of rare books and valuable book copies, reviewing bibliographic publications.
- Conducting scientific and methodical work, preparing publications on the experience of the library, individual workers, collections, reviewing methodological materials, compiling annual consolidated reports and library plans, preparing scientific conferences, meetings, and seminars, developing guidelines on library issues.
- To conduct independent and jointwork withother organizations and establishments of research work of the library on questions of book science, library science, and bibliography, history of the library business and bibliography.
- Expansion of the nomenclature of library information services, improvement of traditional and introduction of new library forms and methods of work on the basis of the latest information technologies and computerization of information and library processes, provision of additional paid services in accordance with the current legislation.
- Creation of electronic databases, organization, and maintenance of reference and bibliographic apparatus using both traditional and newest information technologies.
- Education of information culture of readers, instilling their skills in using the book and library.
- Interaction with NGOs and structural subdivisions of the University. Cooperation with libraries of higher educational establishments and other libraries of Ukraine.
- Establishment of direct relations with libraries in other countries, involving the information potential of these libraries in the scientific and informational support of the educational process at the university.
The creation of the Museum of History of Educational Establishment was preceded by the accumulation of a large number of historical facts, documents, various publications, manuscripts, photos, related to its history, which required systematization and further study. At the end of the 1960’s, according to the instruction of the rector of the pedagogical institute, the senior lecturer I. Ivach, the employees of the cabinet of aesthetic education (head – associate professor, candidate of philosophical sciences A. Grytsiuk) began to design on the fourth floor of the main building (61 Moskovskaya Street) the first exposition of the Museum of History. It was opened on February 24, 1971, during the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the founding of the institution.
Nowadays The Museum of the History of the University is an important cultural center of the Kamianets-Podilskyi Ivan Ohiienko National University, where almost three hundred group and individual excursions are conducted annually for students and guests of the university, and hundreds of consultations for scientists investigating the history of the institution. The museum is the base of practice for students of the specialty “History”, “Fine Arts”, “Tourism”. It holds a variety of educational activities that promote the popularization of scientific, cultural, sporting achievements of university teachers and students and its best traditions.
Student self-government of Kamianets-Podilskyi Ivan Ohiienko National University is an integral part of the University’s public self-government. This is the right and opportunity for students to solve the issues of studying and living, protecting the rights and interests of students, and also participate in the management of the University.
Student self-government brings together all students of the University. All students studying at the University have equal rights and may be elected and elected to work, advisory, electoral and other student self-government bodies. Student self-government is carried out by students directly and through the bodies of student self-government, which are selected through direct student secret ballot.
Basic functions of student self-government bodies:
- Participate in the management of the University in accordance with the procedure established by the Law of Ukraine “On Higher Education” and the Statute of the University;
- Participate in the discussion and solving of issues of improvement of the educational process, research work, the appointment of scholarships, the organization of leisure, health improvement, life and nutrition at the University;
- Conduct organizational, educational, scientific, sports, health, and other activities;
- Participate in events (processes) for ensuring the quality of higher education at the University;
- Protects the rights and interests of students studying at the University;
- Delegate their representatives to the working bodies of the University, in particular to the administration, faculty deans, and the admissions committee;
- Participate in solving the issues of ensuring proper living conditions for students in dormitories and catering for students of the University;
- Make suggestions on the content of training curricula for training specialists and curricula;
- Make suggestions on the development of the material base of the University, including those relating to the life and leisure of students;
- Have the right to declare protest actions;