The Strategy of Internationalization
The Strategy of Internationalization (hereinafter referred to as the Strategy) defines the preconditions, objectives, components, directions and indicators of their implementation for the period up to 2025. Based on the model of constructing a modern European educational space, the parameters of which are defined by “Strategic Plan for the Development of Kamianets-Podilskyi Ivan Ohiienko National University for 2018-2022”, approved by the Academic Council of Kamianets-Podilskyi Ivan Ohiienko National University of August 30, 2018 the Kamianets-Podilskyi Ivan Ohiienko National University forms within the framework of these conceptual foundations a Strategy until 2025, the main objective of which is to achieve the level of international, cross-cultural and global scale that includes educational goals and functions.
Tasks of the University Strategy:
- achievement of international standards of quality of education;
- introduction of double diploma programs;
- initiation of training of foreign students and increase of their contingent;
- integration of scientific and pedagogical workers into international professional networks and associations;
- increasing the effectiveness of the implementation of existing bilateral and multilateral cooperation agreements;
- increase of the level of knowledge of the foreign language of scientific and pedagogical workers, applicants of higher education and employees of the University;
- expansion of academic mobility;
- raising the level of international recognition of the University in the world educational and scientific space;
- the constant development of the network of university partnerships with foreign Higher Educational Establishments;
- expansion of international educational and scientific project activity;
- development of international fundraising activity;
- creation of a cross-cultural corporate environment.
The main goal and objectives of the University Strategy should be implemented in the following areas:
- educational process;
- research activities;
- information and advertising activity;
- work with foreign entrants and students;
- international cooperation.
Indicators of the internationalization of the educational process:
- academic cooperation of the University with foreign institutions of higher education, scientific institutions, international organizations, foundations, scientists, teachers and officials;
- international internship/practice of higher education graduates of the University;
- internationalization of program curricula;
- invitation of foreign professors to lecture;
- the attraction of applicants for higher education to research work on international topics;
- quality control of education;
- availability of educational programs in foreign languages;
- to receive graduates of the University of double diplomas;
- implementation of programs of international academic mobility;
- optimization of the mechanism of recognition of the results of international academic mobility by the applicants for higher education;
Scientific activity indicators of internationalization:
- scientific cooperation of the University with foreign institutions of higher education, scientific institutions, international organizations, foundations, etc.;
- conducting joint research;
- organization and holding of international conferences, symposiums and other events;
- implementation of international scientific programs;
- scientific internship of the teachers of the University abroad;
- joint publishing activity;
- publications in foreign scientific journals, especially in scientific publications indexed in international databases, in particular, Web of Science, Scopus, etc.
Indicators of internationalization of information support and advertising activities:
- English-language official website of the University, faculties and departments;
- participation of the University in educational exhibitions and markets;
- information and advertising activity aimed to promote the University in domestic and foreign regions;
- availability and development of English-language materials of advertising and informational character about the University on national and international electronic platforms to find partners.
Indicators of funding the University’s activities to achieve a sufficient level of internationalization:
- income to the University’s budget from international grants;
- increase in the volume of financial revenues to the University for the implementation of international research projects (grants);
- the attraction of grant funds and sponsorship assistance for the financing of certain projects of internationalization of the University.
Indicators of internationalization in the field of working with foreign entrants and students:
- establishing partnerships and contacts with companies for attracting foreign students;
- establishing contacts with diplomatic missions and consular offices in order to popularize the University’s activities;
- launching training for foreign students at the University and further increasing their contingent;
- ensuring the safety of foreign students while staying in Ukraine;
- ensuring the quality of the educational process for foreign students;
- improvement of the University’s infrastructure for the purpose of training foreign students;
- implementation of programs for intercultural communication and adaptation for foreign students;
- transparent receipt of the University’s funds from training and internships of foreign students and specialists;
- receipt of the University’s budget from training and internship of foreign students and specialists on the University’s currency account opened at the bank.
Indicators of internationalization in the field of international cooperation:
- expansion of the geography of the international partnership of the University through the signing of agreements on international cooperation with educational and scientific institutions;
- participation of administrative staff in internship / advanced training programs abroad;
- participation of the University in the activities of international organizations and associations;
- participation of the University in organizing and conducting international educational and scientific events;
- the participation of the University in organizing and conducting international educational, scientific, cultural and sporting events.